Covid news live: New Zealand begins vaccinating children aged 5-11; French parliament approves vaccine pass
Five- to 11-year-olds will be eligible for jabs in New Zealand from today; a vaccine passport will come into force in France in coming days, with proof of vaccination required to enter public places
- ‘Encouraging signs’ plan B Covid measures may soon be lifted in England
- French parliament approves vaccine pass law to tackle Covid
- Boris Johnson will address No 10 ‘party culture’, says Tory chief
- Novak Djokovic deported from Australia hours after losing visa fight
- Concerns grow that scale of No 10 ‘partygate’ too big for Sue Gray inquiry
- Italian nurse accused of giving fake Covid jabs to anti-vaxxers arrested
Germany is reporting a daily rise of 34,145 confirmed coronavirus cases and 30 deaths, according to recently released figures from the Robert Koch Institute.
The numbers bring the cumulative total of infections to 8,000,122 and 115,649 coronavirus-related deaths.