Covid live: UK reports over 40,000 new cases for first time since late July; Thailand to let in vaccinated tourists from November
- G4S cuts pay for some test-and-trace staff after living wage order
- French study of 22m people finds vaccines cut severe Covid risk by 90%
- Calls to ban neofascist groups in Italy after violent Rome Covid protest
- One in six most critically ill NHS patients are unvaccinated pregnant women with Covid
- See all our coronavirus coverage
You can excuse my colleagues down under from being a little bit excited about lockdown in Sydney and the rest of New South Wales ending after more than 100 days. Here’s a photo gallery – not of them – but of other Sydney residents enjoying the day.
First minister of Wales Mark Drakeford has been on the media round this morning talking about the NHS Covid pass system for events which comes into effect in the country today.