Covid live: prevalence in England at highest level since January; US set to partly lift travel restrictions
- Covid PCR tests: at least 43,000 in UK may have had false negatives
- Covid infection rate in England rises again to one in 60 people
- Why Britons are tolerating high Covid rates – and why this may not last
- How Australia is vaccinating its way to freedom
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Senior government science advisers from the UK, Europe and Canada have called on countries around the world to offer vaccination certificates to volunteers on Covid jab trials so they can travel internationally.
The UK has led the way in granting vaccine certificates to trial participants, but many countries have failed to follow suit and refuse to admit people unless they have had two doses of Covid vaccine that has already gone through trials and been approved by regulators.