Australia news live update: Colbeck defends attending Ashes during aged care crisis; 69 Covid deaths recorded including child aged under 10
Richard Colbeck defends attending Ashes during aged care crisis; raising interest rates won’t solve housing affordability, Philip Lowe says; nation records at least 69 Covid deaths; Grace Tame condemns ‘civility for the sake of civility’. Follow all the day’s news
- Victoria announces facility to make rapid Covid tests as Australian hospital numbers fall
- Scott Morrison rubbishes reported Berejiklian texts as ‘gossip’ with swipe at Peter van Onselen
- Analysis: Leaking explosive text messages won’t solve the Liberals’ toxic internal dispute
- Post-Covid protection: what happens after you get the virus?
- Vaccine rollout and rates tracker; Cases and data tracker
- Get our free news app; get our morning email briefing
Speaking of which:
Scott Morrison is asked about those leaked text messages between a cabinet minister and former NSW premier Gladys Berejiklian put to him at the National Press Club that suggested he was, among other things, a “horrible person”.
I can’t speak about it because I don’t know anything about it, Gladys doesn’t know anything about it and those that are raising it, well, frankly, there are a lot of questions being asked about them at the moment.