Australia news live update: 58 Covid deaths in Victoria and NSW; Peter Dutton warns of ‘bloody scenes’ if Russia invades Ukraine
Peter Dutton warns against Russia invasion of Ukraine; Victoria records 29 Covid deaths and 14,836 new cases; NSW records 29 deaths and 18,512 cases, with current restrictions to continue for another month; some experts are saying the worst of the pandemic may be over as Omicron peaks. Follow all the latest news
- Concession card holders unable to find free rapid antigen tests
- Poll: disillusion growing over Coalition handling of pandemic
- Economic outlook: is our debt-fuelled pandemic finance party over?
- BYO rapid antigen tests for essential visitors to enter aged care facilities
- Australians told to leave Ukraine immediately
- Get our free news app; get our morning email briefing
The benchmark ASX200 is set to fall 1.7% this morning, according to futures data, following further losses on overseas markets overnight.
In the US, the S&P500 fell 0.72% and the tech-heavy Nasdaq index dropped 0.43%, while London’s FTSE100 shed a whopping 2.63%.