Victoria has record number of cases and police swarm St Kilda protesters – as it happened
Western Australia upgrades travel ban against Victoria to ‘extreme risk’, the same category as NSW. This blog is now closed
- Victorian cases surge to record as NSW warns of undiagnosed deaths
- Queensland child tests positive as minister rejects border reopening
- NSW and Vic restrictions; Vic hotspots
- Vaccine rollout and rates tracker; Cases and data tracker
- 5km and 10km from home map: check your travel radius
- Get our free news app; get our morning email briefing
But first, let’s recap the day.
A planned sixth day of protests in Melbourne was a flop but more are planned for tomorrow, AAP reports.
Police have snuffed out a sixth day of anti-lockdown and anti-vaccine protests in Melbourne, dispersing and arresting would-be demonstrators.
Hundreds of police lined St Kilda beach and arrested dozens of people on Saturday as protesters initially gathered at Luna Park.