UK coronavirus live: Keir Starmer accuses Boris Johnson at PMQs of failure to protect care homes
Labour leader questions prime minister on excess deaths; chancellor Rishi Sunak warns of ‘significant recession’
- Exclusive: real care home death toll ‘double official figure’
- UK economy shrinks by 2% as Covid-19 slump begins – business live
- Millions with health conditions at risk ‘if forced back to work’
- Exclusive: Old Vic theatre is in ‘seriously perilous’ position
- Coronavirus global updates – live
William Wragg, a Conservative, asks what is being done to ensure that patients can access the NHS for non-coronavirus conditions.
Johnson says too many people are staying away from the NHS. He urges people to seek NHS treatment if they need it.
The Green MP Caroline Lucas says green economic recovery policies will deliver better returns than other ones. Does the PM agree that any airline asking for a handout should meet robust climate goals?
Johnson says CO2 emissions will dramatically be reduced this year. He says it is important to “entrench those gains”.