UK coronavirus live: Johnson faces Starmer at PMQs as health chief says NHS ready for mass vaccine rollout
- England students to get six-day window to get home before Christmas
- Austerity left north of England more vulnerable to Covid, report says
- Totnes concerns reflect UK-wide rise in conspiracy theories
- Care home called police after woman sneaked in to see husband
- Global coronavirus updates – live
Scotland has recorded its highest daily Covid-19 deaths since the peak of the pandemic in early May after 64 fatalities involving people with positive cases were recorded in the last 24 hours.
National Records of Scotland, the government statistics agency, said 206 deaths were recorded last week where Covid-19 was mentioned on the death certificate, an increase of 38 over the previous week. Of those, 143 people died in hospital and 53 in care homes.
Andrew Selous (Con) pays tribute to armed forces families.
Johnson says the armed forces could not function without the support of these families. Better provision will be made for them, he says.