Pfizer says no change to Australian Covid vaccine doses, contradicting reports of ‘game-changing’ deal
Prime minister Scott Morrison says pace of vaccination rollout accelerating
- Follow our coronavirus liveblog
- NSW restrictions; NSW hotspots; Qld restrictions; Qld hotspots
- NSW records 38 Covid cases; Sydney lockdown extension explained
- What happens if you’re diagnosed with Covid in Australia?
- Download the free Guardian app; Get our morning email briefing
The pharmaceutical giant Pfizer says there is no change in the number of doses the company has contracted to deliver to Australia over 2021 – contradicting reports asserting the Morrison government had secured a “game-changing deal” to triple its access to the jabs.
The prime minister – who has been under significant political pressure because of the slow pace of the vaccination rollout, pressure that has ramped up during the lockdown of greater Sydney – embarked on a media blitz on Friday to argue the pace of the vaccination rollout was accelerating.