Mexico: at least 35 people die in mass bad-alcohol poisoning
It is unclear if poisonings were related to coronavirus lockdowns as beer production was halted more than a month ago
At least 35 people have died in Mexico after drinking methanol, the latest in a series of mass bad-alcohol poisonings since the country banned beer sales and many towns banned the sale of liquor.
At least 20 people died of presumed methanol poisoning in the town of Chiconcuautla in the central state of Puebla. State authorities said they had closed the stores where the suspect liquor had been sold, and seized about 50 gallons (200 liters) of it.