George Floyd protests: thousands march peacefully in New York, defying curfew – live
- Demonstrators defy curfews as protests rage for eighth day
- A restaurant owner, a football star: the people killed as protests spread
- Trump has normalised mayhem and the US is paying the price
- Are you taking part in US protests after the death of George Floyd?
- Sign up to our First Thing newsletter
More from Seattle:
Protesters are running away from police, according to a Seattle Times reporter at the scene.
Police advancing with tear gas and flash bangs down Pine. Like of police with armored vehicle. pic.twitter.com/Kd6ekplv3H
Things feel loose and a little wild now. pic.twitter.com/6DGekLYQFS
Oliver Holmes here again, blogging deep into the night across the US.
And flash bangs. Police are pepper spraying and chasing people down on bikes. People were throwing water bottles. pic.twitter.com/dFaIgi5zwB
This march has reached Cal Anderson Park where a huge group is waiting. Organizers are telling people not to join this group saying “protest is that way, peace and order is this way.” Others argue there shouldn’t be division. Many are saying they’re worried about gas. pic.twitter.com/XEbWAG1qnZ