George Floyd killing: protests spread across US as Twitter hides Trump tweet ‘glorifying violence’ – live
- Biden ‘furious’ about Trump tweet
- White House tweet flagged for ‘glorifying violence’
- Floyd protesters demand action on racism
- Black CNN reporter arrested on air at protests over Floyd killing
- US rocked by third night of protests
- Twitter hides Trump tweet for ‘glorifying violence’
- Get a fresh perspective on America – sign up to our First Thing newsletter
Joe Biden has weighed in on Trump’s tweet glorifying violence against protesters and the arrest of a CNN reporter in Minneapolis.
I will not lift the President’s tweet. I will not give him that amplification. But he is calling for violence against American citizens during a moment of pain for so many. I’m furious, and you should be too.
Before his death beneath a Minneapolis police officer’s knee on Monday, George Floyd was suffering the same fate as millions of Americans during the coronavirus pandemic: out of work and looking for a new job.
Floyd moved to Minneapolis from his native Houston several years ago in hopes of finding work and starting a new life, Christopher Harris, Floyd’s lifelong friend, told the Associated Press.