General confusion: who is John Frewen, and what is his role in Australia’s vaccine rollout?
An increasingly public role for the Lt Gen as the face, and uniform, of the beleaguered program begs the question: why call in the military?
- Australia Covid live news updates
- What went wrong: how Delta exposed the NSW approach to Covid
- ‘Stuffed’: how Australia’s ‘unconscionable’ gamble on Covid vaccines backfired
- Latest Sydney lockdown restrictions explained
- Download the free Guardian app; Get our morning email briefing
He’s got stars and medals aplenty. Brass and experience galore.
But what exactly is Lt Gen John Frewen’s role in Australia’s vaccine rollout? What are his parameters? Where does he sit in the flow chart?