Covid news live: Omicron carries lower hospitalisation risk, studies suggest; China locks down city of 13 million
Data from the UK and South Africa suggest Omicron carries a reduced risk of hospitalisation and severe disease; Xi’an, China, is under strict lockdown following 52 new infections
- Covid booster drives likely to prolong pandemic, WHO boss says
- Data appears to support claims Omicron is less severe in South Africa
- WHO’s Europe chief says ‘another storm coming’ as Omicron takes hold
- AstraZeneca aims to produce Omicron-targeted vaccine with Oxford
- Risk of hospital stay 40% lower with Omicron than Delta – UK data
- Follow all our coronavirus coverage
Hello it’s Samantha Lock back with you on the blog as we near the end of the week and the countdown to the holiday break really begins.
I’ll be bringing you all the latest Covid developments from across the world.
Leave a Reply