Covid live: UK under-30s to be invited for jabs this week; Labour calls for ‘amber list’ to be axed
Latest updates: health secretary says Delta variant appears 40% more transmissible; Lisa Nandy says robust quarantine needed for people arriving in UK
- Tony Blair says fully vaccinated people should get greater freedoms
- Data on Delta variant splits scientists on lifting final Covid restrictions
- Share vaccines or climate deal will fail, rich countries told
- Other countries need vaccine before UK teenagers, ministers told
- See all our coronavirus coverage
A Dublin pub landlord has said the hospitality industry in Ireland faces difficulties replacing staff who left during the pandemic.
It’s a month tomorrow since Public Health England published a report on the India variant in the UK when there were 509 identified cases.
Since then the case numbers in the country have risen 20-fold and case numbers are continuing to rise.
Encouragingly case numbers in Bolton, the area with the largest outbreak, are in steady decline.
Hospitalisations peaked at 1/3 the level of Jan 2020, and mainly featured unvaccinated individual (and therefore younger people that require less intense management) https://t.co/AQWey9COoJ pic.twitter.com/8P4KasnQ6a