Covid live: public in England expected to wear masks when measures lift; Thai medics infected despite Sinovac jab
- Zahawi: England reopening going ahead, but mask wearing ‘expected’
- Sajid Javid warns NHS waiting lists backlog could reach 13m
- Surge in Sydney cases leads to first locally acquired Covid death of year
- ‘Their childhood has been stolen’: calls for action to tackle long Covid
- Woman, 90, infected with Alpha and Beta Covid variants at the same time
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Really sad story from the BBC:
Experts are warning that it is possible to catch two Covid variants at the same time, after seeing a double infection in a 90-year-old woman who became sick with the Alpha and Beta types first identified in the UK and South Africa.
Thailand’s health ministry has said that more than 600 medical workers who received two doses of China’s Sinovac vaccine have been infected with COVID-19, as authorities weigh giving booster doses to raise immunity.