Coronavirus US live: Trump attacks Obama and the media as death toll nears 90,000
- Interview with whistleblower Rick Bright angers president
- US lockdown protests may have spread virus widely, cellphone data suggests
- The voters who back Trump, even through the pandemic
- Coronavirus – latest global updates
- Get a fresh perspective on America – sign up to our First Thing newsletter
The Trump campaign has launched an “investigative website” to highlight some of Joe Biden’s verbal slips on the campaign trail.
The website is entitled “Truth Over Facts,” a reference to when Biden accidentally said during the Iowa State Fair, “We choose truth over facts.” (He likely meant to say, “We choose truth over lies.”)
Secretary of state Mike Pompeo claimed the fired inspector general was undermining the work of the department, although he does not appear to have offered any evidence to support that allegation.
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo says in interview fired inspector general “wasn’t performing a function in a way that we had tried to get him to” and was “trying to undermine what it was that we were trying to do.”