Coronavirus US live: Trump adviser hits back at Obama for criticism of administration’s Covid-19 response
- Peter Navarro: Obama’s administration ‘was a kumbaya of incompetence’
- US and UK ‘lead push against global patent pool for Covid-19 drugs’
- Coronavirus – latest global updates
- See all our coronavirus coverage
- Get a fresh perspective on America – sign up to our First Thing newsletter
Peter Navarro, a top economic adviser to Donald Trump, has criticized Barack Obama after the former president said the country was suffering from a vacuum of leadership on the coronavirus crisis.
“I’m glad Mr Obama has a new job as Joe Biden’s press secretary,” Navarro said on ABC News’ This Week. Biden, Obama’s former vice president, is running against Trump for president.
Good morning, US live blog readers, we’ll bring you all the US politics and coronavirus news here today and there is a lot going on in America this weekend, so stay tuned.
Here’s what is developing so far: