Coronavirus live: UK reports 23,511 cases in seventh daily drop in a row; Ireland to vaccinate children over 12
- Don’t run away with premature Covid conclusions says Johnson
- CDC expected to U-turn on some US mask rules for vaccinated people
- Sarah Sanders promotes ‘Trump vaccine’ but says people should pray
- Greater Sydney lockdown to be extended by four weeks
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Google, Apple and Microsoft are expected to report record-breaking quarterly sales and profits on Tuesday night as the firms continue to benefit from a pandemic that has created a “perfect positive storm” for big tech.
Alphabet, Google’s parent company, is expected to report second-quarter revenue of $56bn. That would be a 46% increase on the same period a year earlier, and mean that the company collected $622m-a-day on average between April and June. Earnings per share (a measure of profit) are expected to increase 90% on the same period a year earlier.