Coronavirus live news: WHO urges Pakistan to reimpose lockdown as Brazil restores Covid-19 data
WHO official walks back asymptomatic transmission comments; world faces worst food crisis in 50 years; UK NHS waiting list could hit 10m. Follow the latest updates
- Moscow relaxes lockdown despite high caseload; Nigerian deaths rise
- WHO calls for new lockdowns in Pakistan
- Brazil restores Covid-19 data to government website
- Australia coronavirus updates – live
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Talei Tora reports for the Guardian:
Brazil on Tuesday restored detailed COVID-19 data to its official national website following controversy over the removal of cumulative totals and a ruling by a Supreme Court justice that the full set of information be reinstated, Reuters reports.
The move came after days of mounting pressure from across the political spectrum and allegations the government was trying to mask the severity of the outbreak, now the world’s second-largest.
The official website reverted to showing cumulative totals of deaths and infections – as well as breakdowns by state, as it had done until last week.