Coronavirus live news: global cases near 7 million as Saudi infections pass 100,000
Deaths worldwide pass 400,000; Chile deaths jump after new fatalities added; India records nearly 10,000 new cases. Follow the latest updates
- Global report: China hails coronavirus response as world death toll tops 400,000
- Saudi Virus cases top 100,000
- After six months of coronavirus, how close are we to defeating it?
- Australia coronavirus updates – live
- Coronavirus latest: at a glance
Brazil has registered 37,312 total coronavirus deaths while total cases in the country reached 685,427, according to the health ministry on Sunday.
Unlike in the previous day, the government released cumulative figures on Sunday and not a tally of deaths and new infections in the last 24 hours.
On Saturday the Latin American nation had registered 35,930 total coronavirus deaths and 672,846 confirmed cases.
Mexico’s health ministry reported on Sunday 3,484 new confirmed cases of coronavirus infections and 188 additional fatalities, bringing the total in the country to 117,103 cases and 13,699 deaths.
The government has said the real number of infected people is significantly higher than the confirmed cases.