Coronavirus live: Biden to be briefed on US Covid origins report; Scotland could see restrictions return amid case rise
- First athlete tests positive for Covid in Tokyo Paralympic village
- New Zealand’s biggest Covid outbreak of pandemic looms
- UK deaths averaging 100 a day amid fears over rise when schools return
- Cornwall tourist board urges people not to visit after Covid spike
- See all our coronavirus coverage
As the number of recorded coronavirus infections in the UK rises again, we spoke to three people about their experiences of catching Covid despite having been fully vaccinated, and how it affected their daily lives.
France’s Haute Autorite de Sante (HAS) health watchdog has said it recommended a Covid-19 vaccine booster shot for those aged 65 and over and for those with existing medical conditions that could put at them serious harm from Covid.
Reuters reports that these Covid vaccine booster shots should be rolled out from the end of October onwards, it added