Black Lives Matter protests: George Floyd’s brother to testify in Washington – live
- After 15 days of anti-racist protests … what happens next?
- Columbus statue toppled in Virginia by protesters
- New York protesters held in ‘abysmal’ conditions
- Black doctors on the frontlines of the pandemic join protests
- Sign up to our First Thing newsletter
White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany has offered a defense of Trump’s widely criticized tweet about a protester in Buffalo, New York, who was shoved to the ground by two police officers.
McEnany said the president’s tweet about Martin Gugino, which claimed without evidence that the protester was actually an Antifa plant, was just “raising questions based on a report he saw.”
This is Joan Greve in Washington, taking over for Martin Belam.
White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany was on Fox News this morning, discussing the president’s thoughts on police reform in response to the killing of George Floyd.