Biden’s approval rating falls below 50% for first time amid chaos in Kabul – live
- President faces criticism over pandemic, infrastructure and Afghanistan
- Biden: evacuations would always have been ‘hard and painful’
- FDA grants full approval to Pfizer coronavirus vaccine
- Pentagon to issue vaccine requirement after FDA’s Pfizer approval
- Sign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by email
Here’s where the day stands so far:
House speaker Nancy Pelosi celebrated the news that the Food and Drug Administration has granted full approval to the Pfizer coronavirus vaccine.
“The FDA’s full approval of a coronavirus vaccine shows Americans can have full confidence in the safety and effectiveness of a vaccine that has been painstakingly studied and reviewed,” the Democratic speaker said in a statement.