Australia news live update: Tyrrell search continues; Victoria restrictions to ease; pandemic powers bill debate postponed; no new Covid cases in NT
Mark McGowan closes electorate office and condemns ‘deranged’ behaviour of anti-vaxxers; Victorian pandemic powers bill debate postponed; search for remains of missing NSW boy William Tyrrell enters fourth day; no new Covid cases in Northern Territory as cluster stands at 19; Victoria records 1,007 new cases and 12 deaths; NSW records 262 new cases – follow all the day’s news
- Victoria to ditch restrictions for fully vaccinated people from midnight
- William Tyrrell case: former detective defends previous investigation into boy’s disappearance
- Brittany Higgins rape charge: Bruce Lehrmann to stand trial in June
- Vaccine rollout and rates tracker; Cases and data tracker
- Victoria vaccination rate map; NSW vaccination rates map
- Get our free news app; get our morning email briefing
There is a choice selection of Victorian state politics memes on the interwebs this morning, let me tell you:
Victorian crossbench MP Fiona Patten has told ABC News Breakfast that the pandemic powers bill will have to be adjourned now that Adem Somyurek plans to vote against the legislation:
Certainly of this morning, the bill is due to be adjourned and the parliament will go on to other bills while the government tries to work out what they’re going to do.
They’re in a pretty precarious situation now, without, you know, with a state of emergency ending and no other pandemic protections in place.
Leave a Reply