Australia Covid news live update: states consider shorter isolation time; Qld to change border testing requirements
- NSW scales back contact tracing as health system faces Omicron strain
- Covid hospitalisation rates: how is Australia’s health system coping?
- Omicron ‘not the same disease’ as earlier Covid waves, says UK scientist
- Vaccine rollout tracker; cases and data tracker
- Get our free news app; get our morning email briefing
- Follow our global Covid live blog
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Queensland has once again made a change to the testing requirements to cross the border.
From 1 January (Saturday), travellers will be able to present a negative rapid antigen test to be able to cross the border. That means PCR tests are no longer the only way to cross the border, with hopes this will ease testing congestion.