Australia Covid news live update: ACT reports a record 253 cases; Queensland reports 2,222 cases; Victoria 5,137 cases; NSW 12,226 cases
OzSage says Omicron has ‘cost as dearly’ as new recommendations released; ACT records 253 new Covid-19 cases; Victoria records 5,137 cases and 13 deaths; NSW records 12,226 new cases and one death; Tasmania records 92 cases; Queensland reports 2,222 infections. Follow the latest updates
- OzSage experts warn ‘let it rip’ Covid strategy will condemn vulnerable Australians to death
- Up to three Covid jabs a year could be needed for protection, data suggests
- Vaccine rollout tracker; cases and data tracker
- Get our free news app; get our morning email briefing
- Follow our global Covid live blog
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Victoria’s case numbers have also come in and 5,137 new Covid-19 infections have been detected. That’s quite a jump from 3,767 yesterday.
Sadly, 13 lives have been lost overnight.
Leave a Reply