Australia Covid live update: Sydney to open walk-in AstraZeneca clinics as NSW records 145 cases; Victoria records 11; Queensland and SA record one new local case each
NSW reports 145 local Covid-19 cases overnight; no lockdown announcement for Victoria today after 11 new local cases recorded; SA to lift lockdown from midnight tomorrow and another vaccine record. Follow the latest updates
- NSW update: Sydney to open walk-in AstraZeneca clinics as weeks of strict lockdown loom
- NSW government quietly announces two hours of vaccine leave for public workers
- Friends mourn death of ‘hard-working’ Sydney student, Adriana Midori Takara, 38
- Restrictions: NSW; Vic; Qld; SA; WA and NT; border restrictions
- Hotspots: NSW map; Vic list; Qld; WA
- Vaccine rollout tracker; get our free news app; get our morning email briefing
And here’s my write-up of Dean Boxall’s “wild cavorting” as Ariarne Titmus won her gold medal this morning against Katie Ledecky.
Now Chalmers is asked about why Labor is dropping its negative gearing policy as well. Labor pushed to change the policy during the 2019 federal election.
You made the argument, many times actually to me, that the negative gearing system was unfair.
First of all, obviously, we listened and we learned from the last election. We said we wouldn’t take an identical set of policies to the next election that we took to the last election.
People want us to look forward rather than trying re-prosecute fights from the past. We also recognise, as do the serious economists, that what is driving house prices at the moment is a range of factors, including extremely low interest rates and a lack of supply.