Australia Covid live news update: record 239 NSW cases as coronavirus death toll rises to 13; six cases reported in Victoria
NSW’s Delta outbreak death toll rises to 13 with a record 239 local cases reported; mask wearing now mandatory outdoors in eight NSW hotspot areas; PM says tighter restrictions on unvaccinated people will eventually be considered. Follow all the day’s news live
- Just 39% of NSW residents over 70 are fully vaccinated
- NSW restrictions; NSW hotspots; border restrictions
- Vic hotspots; Vic restrictions; border restrictions
- Qld hotspots; Qld restrictions; border restrictions
- Vaccine rollout tracker; get our free news app; get our morning email briefing
Hi all, it’s Naaman Zhou here with you now. Thanks to Matilda Boseley for all her work earlier.
A bullying and intimidation complaint has been lodged against South Australia’s sports minister with the matter now under official investigation.
Gosh, it’s been a morning and a half. Thinking of everyone in NSW, especially the two million residents of the hotspot LGAs.
I’m off now but I’ll be back to bring you all the updates tomorrow morning. For now, the vibrant Naaman Zhou is here to take you through the afternoon.